Saturday, September 26, 2020
NOTE: COVID restrictions mean that we are limited to 50 people on the grounds at one time.
About the clinician – Miles Kingdon
NVRA is pleased to host master horseman Miles Kingdon! Miles has for over 40 years contributed toCanada's top ranches and cattle operations. Throughout those 40 years, Miles has recognized the truemeaning of an equine partnership built on trust, confidence and respect. Miles bases his philosophy ofhelping horses through the historic and traditional Californio style applied horsemanship. In addition tothe clinics, camps and workshops, Miles also offers a customized training program. Check out Miles’Facebook page Miles Kingdon Horsemanship.
For more information, please contact: moc.liamg%40pihsnamesrohhkm
● Clinic will be held at the Nicola Valley Rodeo Grounds located at 499 Lindley Creek Rd, Merritt, BC.You can access a map of our location here.● Clinic will start at 9:00 & is expected to end at around 4:00pm, with a one hour break for lunch.Miles requests that participants be in the arena at the start time with your horse in hand, nowarming up, as he will have some discussion with participants before they mount their horses.● There is a limit of 12 participants. Auditors are limited to 30 in order to comply with provincial Covid-19 safety rules.● This clinic is open to all ages, however, participants must be able to walk, trot and cantercomfortably.● Please no stallions, green horses or any horse younger than 3 years.● Bring your own hackamore if you have one, but it is not necessary. You can participate with yournormal gear.
● Participant cost is $250 - full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment isrequired at the end of the registration process.● Participants must submit a signed waiver & a copy of their current Horse Council of BC membership.The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. The waiver can be submitted during theregistration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, theregistration process will not be complete until these forms are received. You will also be required tosign a waiver directly for Miles Kingdon at check in.● Registration is on a first serve basis. Registration deadline for participants is midnight onWednesday, September 23, 2020.
● Auditor cost is $25/day - full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment isrequired at the end of the registration process.● Auditors must submit a signed waiver. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. Waiverscan be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until this form is received.● Registration deadline for Auditors is midnight on Thursday, September 24, 2020.
● There are several hotel options in Merritt.● Alternatively, participants & auditors are welcome to camp at the rodeo grounds for $10/night.Camping registration is done during the clinic registration process. ● Stalls are available at the grounds for horse accommodations for $15/night. Payment is required atthe end of the registration process. NOTE: A $20 deposit is required at check-in. Deposits will bereturned at the end of the clinic once it's confirmed your stall has been properly cleaned out.Alternatively, pens (no shelter) are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. NVRA doesNOT supply shavings.
● Participants & auditors of all ages welcome!● Participants will receive a welcome email with additional information.● Due to the short lead time for this clinic, there will be no refund for cancellations, however, theparticipant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola ValleyRodeo Association.● In the event the NVRA must cancel the clinic, participants will receive a full refund.● The clinic will be held rain or shine.● All attendees (participants & auditors) are responsible for bringing their own food & drink each day.Concession will not be available, however, you may wish to bring cash in case you wish to participatein a lunchtime group take-out order.● Participants are required to bring their own feed & water bucket/trough for their horse. This is notsupplied.● For the safety of all participants & auditors, dogs are not permitted in the arena area during theclinic.● Each participant is responsible for the safety of their horse.● Safety helmets are recommended for all participants, however, are MANDATORY for participantsunder 18 who will be mounting a horse.● Participants under 18 must always have a parent or guardian present.● Recording any part of the clinic by video or audio is strictly prohibited.● Photos may be taken for personal use only, however are strictly prohibited from posting on publicforums or for commercial purposes without the explicit permission of the Nicola Valley RodeoAssociation, the clinicians or other workshop participants.
If the workshop is full when you register (you'll be notified when you advance to the paymentportion of the registration process), please notify us by email at moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin & we'll add you to the wait list.