NOTE: COVID restrictions are in effect. Please ensure you respect them.
***ATTENTION*** Due to low registration for the Advanced clinic on Jul 10 & 11, we are cancelling these dates & combining the Novice & Advanced clinics, which will be held on Jul 8-9, 2021.
The Nicola Valley Rodeo Association is pleased to host Kiel Wilson in 2021!
The Novice clinic is for you if one or more of the following apply to you:
● You are not at a beginner level of riding;● You & your horse have some experience with roping the heelomatic and/or live cattle; ● You are able to handle a rope;● Your horse is not scared of the rope.
The novice clinic is designed to start from the ground & work up to roping the heelomatic & then live cattle. Novice ropers will learn proper horse control, cattle handling & proper positioning to become a better roper & build confidence.
The Advanced clinic is for you if one or more of the following apply to you:
● You are a more experienced roper & have been roping for years;● You & your horse have lots of experience with roping;● You are an amateur roper, a high school rodeo competitor or compete in another category;● You're looking to get some extra coaching for you & your horse for your next competition.
The advanced clinic is designed to advance participants from their current level. Advanced ropers will get tons of tips & mentoring to become more consistent at their roping skills.
About the clinician - Kiel Wilson
Kiel Wilson is a competitive roper, who currently teaches & coaches ropers of all levels at clinics. Kiel trains horses & enters the young horses he works with into Futurity-level events. He is well known in the rodeo community.
You can learn more about Kiel on his Facebook page here.
● The novice
● Both clinics will be held at the Nicola Valley Rodeo Grounds located at 499 Lindley Creek Rd, Merritt, BC. You can access a map of our location here.● Clinic will start each day at 9:00 & there is no firm finish time late afternoon/early evening. The clinic will run until all participants have had their 1:1 time with Kiel.● This clinic is open to all ages, however, participants must be experienced riders & work with cows. ● From learning the basics to refining technique, these clinics are open to all levels from beginners to competitors. ● Participants in both groups will work with a heelomatic & live cattle.
● Participant cost is $400 for each clinic. Full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.● Participants must submit a signed waiver & a copy of their current Horse Council of BC membership. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. The forms can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until these forms are received.● Registration is on a first serve basis. ● Registration deadline for participants is midnight on Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
● Auditor cost is $25/day - full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.● Auditors must submit a signed waiver. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. Waivers can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until this form is received.● Registration deadline for Auditors is midnight on Wednesday July 7, 2021.
● There are several hotel options in Merritt.● Alternatively, participants & auditors are welcome to camp at the rodeo grounds for $10/night. Camping registration is done during the clinic registration process. ● Stalls are available at the grounds for horse accommodations for $15/night. Payment is required at the end of the registration process. NOTE: A $20 deposit is required at check-in. Deposits will be returned at the end of the clinic once it's confirmed your stall has been properly cleaned out. Alternatively, pens (no shelter) are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. NVRA does NOT supply shavings.
● Auditors of all ages welcome!● Participants will receive a welcome email with additional information such as what to bring for use during the clinic.● Refunds for cancellations for the clinic will be honoured until midnight June 29, 2021. After June 29, refunds will not be granted, however, the participant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association. ● All attendees (participants & auditors) are responsible for bringing their own food & drink each day. Concession will not be available, however, you may wish to bring cash in case you wish to participate in a group take-out order.● Participants are required to bring their own feed & water bucket/trough for their horse. This is not supplied.● For the safety of all participants & auditors, dogs are not permitted in the arena area during the clinic.● Each participant is responsible for the safety of their horse.● Safety helmets are recommended for all participants, however, are MANDATORY for participants under 18 who will be mounting a horse.● Participants under 16 must always have a parent or guardian present.● Recording any part of the clinic by video or audio is strictly prohibited.● Photos may be taken for personal use only, however are strictly prohibited from posting on public forums or for commercial purposes without the explicit permission of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association, the clinicians or other workshop participants.● If the workshop is full when you register (you'll be notified when you advance to the payment portion of the registration process), please notify us by email (moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin) & we'll add you to the wait list.
Questions or problems? Email us at moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin