NOTE: COVID restrictions are in effect. Please ensure you respect social distancing rules & maintain 2 meters between each other.
The Nicola Valley Rodeo Association is pleased to host Jessie Blackmon in 2021!
About the clinic:
Come learn why pole work should be a part of your riding & training program! This ground pole clinic is open to all levels of riders & horses and is not breed or discipline specific. All riders & horses in any discipline benefit from ground pole work. Competency in the walk & trot is a must. The goal of this clinic is to learn the benefits of integrating poles into ones program & have lots of fun doing it! Each rider & horse will be instructed through a series of progressive exercises designed to challenge & sharpen the rider's skills as well as improve the horse in the following areas:
● Strengthening their hind end;● Rhythm & tempo; ● Straightness;● Impulsion;● Self control;● Adjustability;● Carefulness;● Relaxation;● Sure-footedness;● Ability to problem solve;● Overall rideability.
About the clinician - Jessie Blackmon
Jessie is an Equestrian Canada certified English Completion Coach with over 15 years experience training & coaching in the industry. Jessie has coached many horse & rider partners in a variety of disciplines including pleasure, Mountain Trail, Hunter/Jumper and much more. Jessie is passionate about working with horse & rider pairs to teach the rider to not just ride their horse but of the importance of establishing a relationship with their horse. In addition to coaching rider & horse pairs, Jessie is well known for training horses.
• Clinic will be held at the Nicola Valley Rodeo Grounds located at 499 Lindley Creek Rd, Merritt, BC. You can access a map of our location here.• There will be two sessions each day with a maximum of 8 people in each session. Participants will register for either the morning session or the afternoon session. The morning session will run from 08:30am-12:00pm & the afternoon session will run from 1:00pm-4:30pm. Start times are firm; finish times are approximate.• This clinic is open to riders aged 16+, however, riders must be able to ride at a walk & trot. riders do not have to be comfortable riding at a canter for this clinic, however, we will ask during registration so Jessie is aware. • Participants will work a variety of pole patterns.
• Participant cost is $80 per session, however, horses are limited to attend one session only - either the morning session or the afternoon session. If you're wanting to register for both sessions, you may do so with two separate horses & you are required to submit two separate registrations & two separate payments. Full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Participants must be 16 years or older. • Participants must submit a signed waiver & a copy of their current Horse Council of BC membership. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. The forms can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until these forms are received.• Registration is on a first serve basis. • Registration deadline for participants is midnight on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
• Auditor cost is $25/day - full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Auditors must submit a signed waiver. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. Waivers can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until this form is received.• Registration deadline for Auditors is midnight on Friday, August 13, 2021.
• There are several hotel options in Merritt.• Alternatively, participants & auditors are welcome to camp at the rodeo grounds for $10/night. Camping registration is done during the clinic registration process. • Stalls are available at the grounds for horse accommodations for $15/night. Payment is required at the end of the registration process. NOTE: A $20 deposit is required at check-in. Deposits will be returned at the end of the clinic once it's confirmed your stall has been properly cleaned out. Alternatively, pens (no shelter) are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. NVRA does NOT supply shavings.
• Auditors of all ages welcome!• Participants will receive a welcome email with additional information such as what to bring for use during the clinic.• Refunds for cancellations for the August clinic will be honoured until midnight July 30, 2021. After July 30, refunds will not be granted, however, the participant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association. • In the event the NVRA must cancel the clinic, participants will receive a full refund.• All attendees (participants & auditors) are responsible for bringing their own food & drink each day. Concession will not be available, however, you may wish to bring cash in case you wish to participate in a group take-out order.• Participants are required to bring their own feed & water bucket/trough for their horse. This is not supplied.• For the safety of all participants & auditors, dogs are not permitted in the arena area during the clinic.• Each participant is responsible for the safety of their horse.• Safety helmets are recommended for all participants, however, are MANDATORY for participants under 18 who will be mounting a horse.• Recording any part of the clinic by video or audio is strictly prohibited.• Photos may be taken for personal use only, however are strictly prohibited from posting on public forums or for commercial purposes without the explicit permission of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association, the clinicians or other workshop participants.
*** If the workshop is full when you register (you'll be notified when you advance to the payment portion of the registration process), please notify us by email (moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin) & we'll add you to the wait list. If we have enough interest, we will organize a second clinic. ***
Questions or problems? Email us at .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin