NOTE: COVID restrictions mean that we are limited to 50 people on the grounds at one time.
****NOTE: THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL! *** Please email moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin to be added to the wait list. There are still auditor spaces available.
About the clinician - Cayley Wilson
NVRA is pleased to host Cayley, who is an NRCHA & NCHA Competitor & Judge. With a passion for training horses & having competed both nationally & internationally, Cayley recognizes that both horses & individuals require different methods & strategies to achieve their goals.
You can learn more about Cayley on his Facebook page Cayley Wilson Performance Horses.
• Clinic will be held at the Nicola Valley Rodeo Grounds located at 499 Lindley Creek Rd, Merritt, BC. You can access a map of our location here.• Clinic will start each day at 8:30 & is expected to end at around 5:00pm.• This clinic is open to those 15 years or older & with all levels of training experience. Participants must be have experience riding & working with horses. • From learning the basics to refining moves for continued development or competition prep, this clinic is open to all levels. • Participants will work with a flag & live cattle. • While this is a combined clinic, participants must choose one discipline (Cutting or Reined Cow Horse) they wish to focus on for the weekend.
• Participant cost is $425 - payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Participants must submit a signed waiver & a copy of their current Horse Council of BC membership. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. The waiver can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until these forms are received.• Registration is on a first serve basis. • Registration deadline for participants is midnight on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
• Auditor cost is $25/day - payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Auditors must submit a signed waiver. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. Waivers can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until this form is received.• Registration deadline for Auditors is midnight on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
• There are several hotel options in Merritt.• Alternatively, participants & auditors are welcome to camp at the rodeo grounds. Camping registration is done during the clinic registration process.• Stalls are available at the grounds for horse accommodations for $15/night. Payment is required at the end of the registration process. NOTE: A $20 deposit is required at check-in. Deposits will be returned at the end of the clinic once it's confirmed your stall has been properly cleaned out. Alternatively, pens (no shelter) are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. NVRA does NOT supply shavings.
• Participants 15 years or older & auditors of all ages welcome!• Participants will receive a welcome email with additional information such as what to bring for use during the clinic.• Due to the short lead time for this clinic, there will be no refund for cancellations, however, the participant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association.• In the event the NVRA must cancel the clinic, participants will receive a full refund.• All attendees (participants & auditors) are responsible for bringing their own food & drink each day. Concession will not be available, however, you may wish to bring cash in case you wish to participate in a group take-out order.• Participants are required to bring their own feed & water bucket/trough for their horse. This is not supplied.• For the safety of all participants & auditors, dogs are not permitted in the arena area during the clinic.• Each participant is responsible for the safety of their horse.• Safety helmets are recommended for all participants, however, are MANDATORY for participants under 18 who will be mounting a horse.• Participants under 18 must always have a parent or guardian present.• Recording any part of the clinic by video or audio is strictly prohibited.• Photos may be taken for personal use only, however are strictly prohibited from posting on public forums or for commercial purposes without the explicit permission of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association, the clinicians or other workshop participants.• If the workshop is full when you register (you'll be notified when you advance to the payment portion of the registration process), please notify us by email (moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin) & we'll add you to the wait list.
Questions or problems? Email us at moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin