NOTE: COVID restrictions are in effect. Please ensure you respect them.
***NOTICE: The August clinic is now CANCELLED due to the fires in our beautiful Nicola Valley area. We will do our best to reschedule in September. ***
The Nicola Valley Rodeo Association is pleased to host Adam Blackmon for TWO separate clinics in 2021!
This clinic is for you if one or more of the following apply to you:
● You struggle with acquiring full body control over your horse; ● You attempt to stop your horse & s/he pulls on you or takes a long time to stop;● You are interested in improving your horse's overall performance by learning to understand them & getting them more responsive to your queues;● You're interested in learning or advancing your horsemanship skills & improving your riding ability;● You compete in barrel racing;● You compete or want to learn more about competing in Cutting, Reining or Reined Cow Horse events;● You compete in other equine sport events.
About the clinician - Adam Blackmon
Adam is an National Reined Cow Horse Association (NRCHA) Judge & competes in each of the events being taught in this clinic. Adam has a passion for competing & training horses. He has been training performance horses for Cutting, Reining & Reined Cow Horse competitions for over 20 years. Having competed both nationally & internationally, Adam knows first hand the importance of a well-trained horse & the horse-rider connection. While Adam coaches competitors at all levels in Cutting, Reining & Reined Cow Horse events, his focus is to help all riders develop the ability to understand & train their horses to work for them, whether the horse is used for performance, work or pleasure.
You can learn more about Adam on his Facebook page here.
• Clinic will be held at the Nicola Valley Rodeo Grounds located at 499 Lindley Creek Rd, Merritt, BC. You can access a map of our location here.• Clinic will start each day at 8:30 & is expected to end at around 5:00pm.• This clinic is open to all ages, however, participants must be experienced riders & work with cows. • From learning the basics to refining moves for continued development or competition prep, this clinic is open to all levels from beginners to competitors, and whether your horse is used for performance, work or pleasure. • Participants will work with a flag & live cattle.
• Participant cost is $350 for each clinic or $599 for both when you register for both clinics at the same time. Full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Participants must submit a signed waiver & a copy of their current Horse Council of BC membership. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. The forms can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until these forms are received.• Registration is on a first serve basis. • Registration deadline for participants is midnight on Thursday, June 24, 2021 & Thursday, August 5, 2021.
• Auditor cost is $25/day - full payment must be received to secure your registration. Payment is required at the end of the registration process.• Auditors must submit a signed waiver. The waiver can be found at the bottom of this page. Waivers can be submitted during the registration process or emailed to .moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin Please note, the registration process will not be complete until this form is received.• Registration deadline for Auditors is midnight on Thursday, June 24, 2021 & Thursday, August 19, 2021.
• There are several hotel options in Merritt.• Alternatively, participants & auditors are welcome to camp at the rodeo grounds for $10/night. Camping registration is done during the clinic registration process. • Stalls are available at the grounds for horse accommodations for $15/night. Payment is required at the end of the registration process. NOTE: A $20 deposit is required at check-in. Deposits will be returned at the end of the clinic once it's confirmed your stall has been properly cleaned out. Alternatively, pens (no shelter) are available at no charge on a first come, first serve basis. NVRA does NOT supply shavings.
• Participants & auditors of all ages welcome!• Participants will receive a welcome email with additional information such as what to bring for use during the clinic.• Refunds for cancellations for the June clinic will be honoured until midnight June 11, 2021. After June 11, refunds will not be granted, however, the participant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association. • Refunds for cancellations for the August clinic will be honoured until midnight August 6, 2021. After August 6, refunds will not be granted, however, the participant may transfer registration to someone else, subject to the approval of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association. • In the event the NVRA must cancel the clinic, participants will receive a full refund.• All attendees (participants & auditors) are responsible for bringing their own food & drink each day. Concession will not be available, however, you may wish to bring cash in case you wish to participate in a group take-out order.• Participants are required to bring their own feed & water bucket/trough for their horse. This is not supplied.• For the safety of all participants & auditors, dogs are not permitted in the arena area during the clinic.• Each participant is responsible for the safety of their horse.• Safety helmets are recommended for all participants, however, are MANDATORY for participants under 18 who will be mounting a horse.• Participants under 16 must always have a parent or guardian present.• Recording any part of the clinic by video or audio is strictly prohibited.• Photos may be taken for personal use only, however are strictly prohibited from posting on public forums or for commercial purposes without the explicit permission of the Nicola Valley Rodeo Association, the clinicians or other workshop participants.• If the workshop is full when you register (you'll be notified when you advance to the payment portion of the registration process), please notify us by email (moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin) & we'll add you to the wait list.
Questions or problems? Email us at moc.liamg%40noitaicossaoedoryellavalocin